West bank Map
World Week For Peace resource materials - 2015
E-resource containing background information on the Week of Peace, background information on The Wall, web links to information and audio visual resources ,poems, prayers, liturgy and the Jerusalem Prayer. French
Invitation in German /French /Arabic
Liturgy in English, German , French, Japanese
"The Wall" - A prayer by Patriarch Emeritus Michel Sabbah - French /Norwegian
The Jerusalem Prayer - Arabic /Swedish /German/French/Norwegian /Finnish /Japanese / Portuguese
Benediction - Norwegian
Introductory Prayer - Norwegian
Opening prayer - Norwegian
Prayer petition - Norwegian
Prayer suggestions - Norwegian
Petition for Signing
Fact Sheet on The Wall and Cremisan in German
A short video on Cremisan and the wall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcbdDHzA1U
Two very interesting videos about the wall by former EA Helge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fELw6FGYQxM (short version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nrFylFIb7Q (long version)
Pax Christi upcoming events and excellent resources! http://paxchristi.org.uk/campaigns/israel-and-palestine/world-week-for-peace-in-pi/
Photos: 10 years since wall declared illegal (Alternative Information Center) http://www.alternativenews.org/archive/index.php/politics/palestinian-society/8310-photos-10-years-since-wall-declared-illegal
Poster for WWPPI! Made in Palestine!
A new blog from Palestine - Salam writes about "The separation wall"
World Week For Peace resource materials - 2014
Booklet with resource materials in English , French
Liturgy in English , French , German , Japanese
Jerusalem Prayer , Finnish , Swedish
Pax Christi's action plan and resources
WWPPI Liturgy 2014 - UK EA's
WWPPI Congregational sheet - UK EA's
Palestinian Prisoners: A Question of Conscience (A dossier)
Call for letters of solidarity to prisoners
JIC thanks those who wrote letters of solidarity to Palestinian prisoners
Formsite reporting for WWPPI
Ensure justice to Palestinians illegally imprisoned in Israeli jails - Sign the petition
WCC General Secretary's message for World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel 2014
WCC chapel - WWPPI Morning Prayer 29 September 2014
Ressources en français – 2014
Invitation aux participants
Prière de Jérusalem
C’est l’heure pour la Palestine
Ce que vous pouvez faire.
Rapports des Témoins oculaires du Programme œcuménique d’Accompagnement en Palestine-Israël (EAPPI)
Kairos Palestine Document
A statement of hope and faith from the people of Palestine, December 2009. (Now available in nineteen languages.)
WCC Policy on Palestine/Israel
WCC Policy on Palestine/Israel (in brief)
WCC General Secretary's statement on assault of a Gaza-bound vessel, May 2010
WCC Central Committee statement on settlements, September 2009
WCC Programme on Churches in the Middle East: Solidarity and Witness for Peace
WCC Member Churches in Palestine and Israel
Invitation to action
Invitation and Fact Sheet for World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel 2013. (Available in English, French, German, and Spanish.)
The Message of World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel: "It's Time for Palestine."
Prayer and worship resources
- "Jerusalem, the City of Justice and Peace," a liturgy for worship on Sunday 22 September 2013 written by Palestinian Christians, plus the music and text for the suggested hymn "Tuba lisa3ina" ("Blessed are those who strive for peace"). This liturgy is also available in French, German, and Spanish.
- Jerusalem Prayer for 2013 (available in French, English, German, Norwegian, and Spanish).
- An outline for a worship service during the week produced by Pax Christi UK, and a video meditation on the WWPPI message, "It Is Time."
- An order of service for prayer and worship during the week, written and distributed by Christian Aid Scotland.
- A prayer card / bookmark created for the week by the WWPPI UK planning committee.
- Send a prayer to the Christian community in Palestine. (Also available in French, German, and Spanish.)
- Participate in the ACT Palestine Forum Prayer Vigil, taking place on 24 September 2013 (and the 24th of every month throughout the year), and watch a video highlighting the Prayer Vigil and the humanitarian activities of the ACT Palestine Forum.
- Worship liturgy "Come and See," prepared by Palestinian Christian theologians for World Week for Peace 2012. (Also available in French, German, and Spanish.)
- Worship liturgies for the Sundays of 27 May and 3 June 2012, as well as sermon starters and other worship aids, prepared by the United Church of Canada.
- Worship liturgy for World Week for Peace 2012, created by Pax Christi.
- Reflections on the theme "I Dream of Peace in Jerusalem," written for World Week for Peace 2011 by residents of Jerusalem.
- Ecumenical Worship: It's Time for Peace. This liturgy features the voices of young Palestinians and Israelis. Inspired by an Irish church leaders' visit to Israel and Palestine, this service of reflections was updated for use during World Week 2010.
- Service of the Word in Observance of World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel, prepared for the service at the Ecumenical Center in Geneva on 31 May 2010.
- Prayers for Peace in the Middle East from the Lutheran Church of the Atonement, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- "Contemporary Way of the Cross" liturgy as prepared by Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center, Jerusalem (pdf, 255 KB). Also available in French.
- "The Way of the Cross: A Way of Peace" liturgy created by the Commissariat of the Holy Land in Canada and Antennas of Peace in Montreal.
- Song of Lamentation, written and composed by Rev. Susanne Grimheden, Lund, Sweden, based on a text by Bishop Munib Younan, in Jerusalem.
- Ecumenical Service from the Heads of Churches in Jerusalem, 2007 (pdf, 202 KB).
Educational and advocacy resources
- Proposed common action and advocacy for Sunday 22 September, based on the theme: "To pray, you need a military permit!"
- Come and See! The Jerusalem Inter-Church Centre invites you to come on a Holy Land tour to Palestine during World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel, September 2013.
- A resource on Jerusalem, created by the international working group of World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel, with resources, theological reflections, and advocacy suggestions for each day of the week, created May 2013.
- "Access to Worship in Jerusalem," an article by Yusef Daher, executive director of the Jerusalem Inter-Church Centre, as published in This Week In Palestine, May 2013.
- Testimonials from the Wall Museum near Rachel's Tomb, a project of the Sumud Story House of the Arab Educational Institute.
- The United Church of Canada's appeal to the Canadian government that Israeli settlement products be clearly identified, posted March 2013.
- A policy paper entitled, "Jerusalem: Still Key to Any Future Israeli-Palestinian Agreement," published March 2013 by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung office in East Jerusalem.
- A review of church-related economic measures in support of ending the Israeli occupation, compiled February 2013.
- A Pax Christi International statement in support of a ban of Israeli settlement products, issued January 2013.
- BDS (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions) resources: the website of the Palestinian civil society campaign BDS Movement, and the website of the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation.
- To help publicize the Week: a press release issued in January 2013 by the World Council of Churches.
- Resources from the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI), an initiative of the WCC: Eyewitness Reports blog postings by Ecumenical Accompaniers, newsletters about the work of EAPPI, and factsheets and publications on specific topics relating to Israel's occupation policies in the West Bank.
- The Association for Civil Rights in Israel's annual report on human rights in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories, published December 2012.
- "The Challenge of Peace," a booklet (in French) about Christians working for peace in Palestine and Israel, produced by the Catholic Committee Against Hunger and for Development (CCFD).
- Jerusalem: Universality Oppressed by Exclusivity, a 2012 powerpoint presentation published by the Jerusalem Inter-Church Centre.
- Dossier on Displacement and Dispossession, prepared by the PIEF as a resource for use during World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel 2012. (The introduction to the Dossier is available in German.)
- Advocacy brochure created by the WWPPI UK Working Group. (A leaflet based on this brochure is available in French.)
- Advocacy brochure created by the United Church of Canada (with advocacy details translated into German).
- The Bethlehem Call, a statement from the December 2011 Kairos for Global Justice Encounter sponsored by Kairos Palestine. (Click here to read the Bethlehem Call in Arabic, German, Dutch or French, and other recent documents from Kairos Palestine.)
- Dossier on Jerusalem, Issues and Perspectives (pdf), prepared as background material for the World Week for Peace 2011
- East Jerusalem: Key Humanitarian Concerns, a fact sheet from the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), occupied Palestinian territory, December 2011.
- Life Under Occupation: An Introduction to the Situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, a 27-page publication of the Alternative Tourism Group and the YMCA-YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative.
- A Code of Conduct for Tourism in the Holy Land is a Palestinian initiative to foster responsible forms of tourism that offer communities opportunities to share their cultures, tell their stories, request solidarity and foster greater understanding.
- Perspectives, the newsletter of the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Forum (PIEF).
- Cornerstone, the quarterly publication of Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center. The Spring 2010 issue contains several articles related to the Kairos Palestine Document.
- A list of recent films depicting the Palestinian-Israeli conflict from many different perspectives.
- Fact sheets on Water Resources in the West Bank and Water Quality in the Gaza Strip from Palestinian advocacy group EWASH.
- The Report of the United Nations Fact-Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict ("Goldstone Report"), September 2009.
- Series of interviews about the meaning of sumud or steadfastness, from the Arab Educational Institute, Bethlehem.
- Study plan for "Kairos Palestine: A Moment of Truth" and "Steadfast Hope: The Palestinian Quest for Just Peace", available from the Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Peace Not Walls, a campaign for peace with justice in the Holy Land, sponsored by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- "Settlement products - the issues and advocacy messages in relation to the European Union" - a paper for use in the European Union developed by Quaker Peace and Social Witness, UK, for World Week 2009.
Examples of how churches have participated in World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel
Summary of events that took place during World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel in previous years.
Links in relation to the action week
Click here for a comprehensive list of PIEF's links to churches and organizations that are working together in support of a just peace for all in Palestine and Israel.